That the Built Heritage Committee and the Planning and Housing Committee recommend that Council:
- Approve the application to demolish 110 York Street;
- Approve the application for new construction at 110 York Street according to plans prepared by Neuf Architects, dated September 18, 2023, conditional upon:
- The applicant providing samples of all final exterior materials for approval by Heritage Planning staff prior to the issuance of the building permit.
- The installation of a mural or an artistic installation on the east wall of the building as a condition of Site Plan approval.
- Minor alterations on the podium to better reflect the richly detailed architectural character of the ByWard Market Heritage Conservation District including:
- Ensuring that glazing in windows and doors is transparent to provide a more active frontage on York Street, reflecting the importance of the street as a gateway to the core of the ByWard Market HCD;
- Refining the architectural details of the east wall of the podium through the addition of decorative brick work or similar architectural detailing to the satisfaction of Heritage Planning staff, prior to the issuance of the building permit
- Delegate the authority for minor design changes to the General Manager, Planning, Real Estate and Economic Development Department;
- Approve the issuance of the heritage permits for each application with a two-year expiry date from the date of issuance.